Strategies for staying informed
It’s hard to get involved without being informed first. There is no single solution for keeping track of everything going on in our town and region, but here are few suggestions to help get you started:
The Town of Chapel Hill’s website is great source of information:
- Subscribe to receive emails on specific topics such as Town Council agendas and meeting summaries, Carolina North, and economic development.
- Check the status of current development proposals.
- Follow traditional media sources such as newspapers and radio programs.
- Visit blogs such as Orange Politics that are dedicated to local issues.
Neighbors for Responsible Growth maintains a mailing list that we use to notify citizens about important events and opportunities to get involved. To subscribe to our list, …..
Strategies for getting involved
You can be active in many ways, and at a level that works for you. Options to consider:
- Seek advice about how best to address issues of concern to you and your neighborhood. NRG is happy to consult with citizens about how best to organize and be heard.
- Sign up to speak at a Town Council meeting or submit a petition about an issue that is not on the agenda.
- Attend a meeting of a local advocacy group to learn more about their mission and priorities. NRG is welcomes all interested citizens.
- Be part of a NRG subcommittee on a specific topic of interest. Contact NRG for more information on participating.
- Contact your Town Council members or appropriate Town staff.
- Request to participate on a Town advisory board or commission.