How NRG defines responsible growth:
- Responsible growth takes place within the context of a shared comprehensive vision for growth, recognizing that no single project can be considered in isolation.
- Responsible growth preserves the sense of community that makes this a valued place to live (e.g., open spaces, pedestrian- and bike-friendly transit corridors).
- Responsible growth strives for concurrency of a new development and the infrastructure necessary to support it (e.g., transportation, water supply, schools).
- Responsible growth consistently supports the spirit and letter of the ordinances and regulations designed to protect the core values of our citizens (e.g. environmental protection, affordable housing, open space).
- Responsible growth ensures a planning process that is transparent, deliberative, and informed by the timely input of citizens and neighborhoods.